POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : April 30th approaching... : Re: April 30th approaching... Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:06:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: April 30th approaching...
From: St
Date: 27 Apr 2007 00:30:33
Message: <46317c69$1@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <pte### [at] thecommononethatstartswithYcom> wrote in
message news:46315014@news.povray.org...

> I personally think LOOONNG contest rounds may discourage some who may fear
> looking bad in comparison to someone who has the time to put in a full 4.0
> months of evenings into a project.

        I disagree with that Greg. We all know how hard it is to even
complete a still image, let alone an animation. I think when new people see
the quality that will be involved, they will be glad of the 4 months to at
least get something done. That's the challenge.

> I wouldda moved us to 2.

   I understand Markus' earlier point about this in another thread. Two
months is just too short to produce quality, and quality is definately
what's needed to get those newbies interested. I think they'll be glad to
have four months.

    And anyway, who's to say that there won't be a 'one week' or 'one month'
animation challenge too?  ;)

        ~Steve~