POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Status? : Re: Status? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 02:43:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Status?
From: dbott
Date: 11 Apr 2007 00:05:00
Message: <461c5e6c@news.povray.org>
"Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] anthrosphinxde> wrote in message
> i_need_a_unique_name wrote:
> > I for one have harldy got started on the space colony (with house move
and
> > arm breakages getting in the way) - I'd love to finish it 'cos I quite
like
> > my idea even if my rendering/modelling isn't upto it. Though if folks
want
> > to move on to another topic I'd guess I'd follow.
>
> Same here (minus the house move and arm breakages ... ;)
>
> Why not move the timeframe for the somehow-interim "Space
> Settlement" topic to May 1st? (and keep following topic with
> a 3- or 4-months timeframe, so that it falls together with
> every other stills competition?)
>
> > .... though we seem to be lacking a competition infrastructure ... I'm
> > tempted now things are settling down at home just to write one myself
and
> > host it in my shed.
>
> That would be great! With the IRTC it feels like it's still
> the same situation: only thing missing is some web home and
> someone that declares a topic every now and then ;)
>
> I must admit i've even put something up on YouTube (two
> older samples of vfx's i made for a small faerytale parody)
> - man, i thought the MPEG compression loss for the IRTC was
> bad, but ... you know, YouTube flash video ... yuck... and
> already got 165 visitors (and a comment! Wow...). Odd. I'm
> still uneasy with YouTube's "we can use your stuff for our
> promotion anytime anywhere" rules...
>
> -Markus

Well, now that we have come to the realization that irtc will not take
another breath of cyber air. I would be willing to collaborate on a web
site with anyone. And, will go as far as buying a domain name and server
time.
I would invest a hundred bucks or so to make it happen........Markus---John.
There have been some great ideas for scripts coming out of the stills
newsgroup.

What do you think..................
Darin