POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : IRTC Status : Re: IRTC Status Server Time
25 Apr 2024 11:45:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Status
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 13 Mar 2007 21:05:44
Message: <45f75878$1@news.povray.org>
David Cuny wrote:
> Thorsten Froehlich <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
>
>> Only six weeks have past. I would recommend at least two or three more
>> months of patience...
>
> For what? What will be different in two or three months?
>
> To be honest, when I first read through your reply, I thought you were
> kidding, just making fun of the fact that the IRTC has traditionally been
> late doing things.
>
> I'm sorry for sounding unkind, but I have real trouble believing I'd get a
> response like this if this were something that the POV-Ray group really
> cared about.

Imagine that IRTC was your project, and something came up in your life
that prevented you from even having internet access. And when you got
back online, you found that other people had taken over your project.
It's not something many people would be comfortable with. Since the IRTC
admin can't be contacted, no one can even ask if they would like someone
to take over for them for a while.

For a stand in competition, check the news://irtc.stills where there is
talk of another website that should keep us busy for the time being.