POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : IRTC Status : Re: IRTC Status Server Time
19 Apr 2024 11:02:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Status
From: Markus Altendorff
Date: 12 Mar 2007 08:22:15
Message: <45f55407$1@news.povray.org>
Mike the Elder wrote:
> Thorsten Froehlich <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
>
>> Only six weeks have past. I would recommend at least two or three more
>> months of patience...
>>
>>  Thorsten, POV-Team
>
> Good plan. And as for this global warming thing, another century or so of
> complacent inactivity should let us know for sure whether or not there's
> really a problem.

Call me overly sensitive, but do i sense a slight hint of sarcasm in
that statement? ;)

In a more serious state of mind, i'm sad to see the IRTC fall into
limbo. It's (was?) a place where you can (could?) send in your
contributions and (quoted from the rules) "don't have to be any good."
When it comes to 3-D, there's not much of that around the web any more.
E.g. i wouldn't dare enter any of my stuff into the galleries of the
Cinema4D forum that i also frequent, simply because i can't compete with
users that do things like character design or architectural
visualisation or movie f/x for a living. IRTC is/was where hobbyists or
after-hour dabblers like me could go and get feedback for their work,
and get a regular challenge to work on, learn and improve.
Then there's YouTube where you simply get lost among millions of dumb
stunts and/or even dumber comments spewed out by spambots, and that's
about it. Then there are all those teams of graphic design students that
build a video as final exam (like all theses SupInfoCom people), or f/x
pros with too much time at hand (e.g. 405-the-movie).

Doesn't leave much space to fit in...

-Markus