POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Looking to the future : Re: Looking to the future Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:48:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking to the future
From: Verm
Date: 9 Mar 2007 08:19:21
Message: <45f15ed9$1@news.povray.org>
A long time ago Chris Cason wrote:

> Going on, to me, the question is: what would pique your interest and keep it
> long term? A clone of the IRTC? Or something quite different, but with a
> similar flavor? Or something else entirely? Or even a competition that has no
> set flavor - one that changes according to the times?

I'd be interested in a clone/continuation of the irtc - and the "Tina
Chep" round (and hopefully the "before/after" round) seem to show that
there's still some demand for this.....

> I would like to suggest one possibility. It would be interesting to be able
> to conduct a series of competitions - of variable length according to
> difficulty - that I would perhaps describe as the "POV-Team's Challenge".

I do like the challenge ideas and the variable lengths and styles of the
challenges might cause different people to come up with some impressive
results. They might inspire people for whom the irtc format has grown
stale, but I'd suggest/request they should run in parallel to the IRTC
or it's successor.