POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : So, what are we gonna do? : Re: So, what are we gonna do? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:44:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So, what are we gonna do?
From: Jim Charter
Date: 1 Mar 2007 12:33:25
Message: <45e70e65$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
> It looks like that's it folks. I can't ever see the IRTC up-and-running
> again as we knew it, (I hope I'm wrong). It's a real shame because I thought
> the way it worked was great, but the way it worked (even though mostly
> automated) still relied on a human to activate the whole thing, and that
> human went walkabout, (I hope not literally, and I still hope the guy is
> ok), so the IRTC fell down.
>
>   So,what's going to happen? Is there any more news at all, anyone?
>
>  For now, I'm quite happy to carry on with hosting either another TINA CHeP
> round or some other topic, and run it over two months like the IRTC, but
> we'll have to confirm either way soon if this is to happen.
>
>   Suggestions welcome.
>
>     ~Steve~

I thought the little TINA CheP "contest" worked well.  I liked the
little community conversation over what the topic would be, along with
the fact that it was kept short, with someone designated to make the
choice.  Maybe the chooser role could change each time but the chooser
can't make a suggestion for the round he/she does.  I also think that
"TINA CheP" has become the de facto reference for this and might do well
as the Title for this little anti-contest, interrum-IRTC, or what ever
it is.

I think we should get another round underway, tout de suite, as long as
you are okay with the hosting job.  If not, I would think that the next
best option would be to use the wiki which should allow, in theory
anyway, the transfer of much of the workload to the participants
themselves.