POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Looking to the future : Re: Looking to the future Server Time
24 Apr 2024 12:03:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking to the future
From: Skip Talbot
Date: 1 Feb 2007 01:32:12
Message: <45c1896c@news.povray.org>
Fantastic ideas Chris!

Although I have only participated in two IRTC rounds, I am an avid fan
of it.  I think all of your ideas are great, and I'd love to support the
effort or help out in any way I could.  I probably couldn't be of much
using developing the contest site as I only know HTML editing and
C#/C++, and not much in between in terms of web development.  If
graphics are needed, or merely participation in the contests, I can
definitely help.

The ideas for creative competitions are all good ones and I agree that
there should definitely be parallel challenges with different time
lengths.  I think it would also be good to have a regularly held contest
with a basic theme and unchanging set of rules, like the IRTC currently
does.  That may give the competition some stability and a larger base of
participants.  I see the creative, longer duration challenges as
contests that only the most ambitious (or those who are interested in
the unique idea) would undertake.  So it will probably have fewer
participants like the IRTC animation rounds currently do.

Yes, let's fire up another competition site based off of POVCOMP with
multiple unique challenges and ones that parallel the IRTC as well.  I
don't want the IRTC to go anywhere, and I don't want this to replace the
IRTC, but a little competition always helps move things along too ;)

I'm in!

Skip