POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : File that renders in 3.6.1c but not in 3.7.0.beta.16 : Re: File that renders in 3.6.1c but not in 3.7.0.beta.16 Server Time
18 Apr 2024 18:34:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: File that renders in 3.6.1c but not in 3.7.0.beta.16
From: Chris Cason
Date: 18 Oct 2006 20:27:39
Message: <4536c67b$1@news.povray.org>
While I know why it's crashing (it relates to an invalid element when copying
a CSG object), I don't yet know why it's getting that way since it takes so
long to get to the point where the crash happens (about 10 minutes of parsing
in debug mode).

It would help a lot if you could, if possible, simplify the scene such that
the crash happens sooner. In case it helps, the problem is triggered by the
line 'object{MA2_HaR}' at line 2912 of the file. However the real problem is
earlier than that; the object copy mentioned above just demonstrates it.

regards,

-- Chris