POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.binaries : Medieval house #4 : Re: Medieval house #4 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 10:29:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Medieval house #4
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Sep 2006 09:41:01
Message: <451bd0ed$1@news.povray.org>
"Marc" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> schreef in bericht

> I'm glad if  it was the occasion to  introduce you to /(on?) Discworld :-)
> You're happy that novels can be read at random because it is about the
> 24th
> one in edition order.
> I didnt read it yet because it has not  been issued yet in paperback
> edition
> in French.
> BTW French translation is rather good and I happen to know the French
> translator, Patrick Couton who is half musician half translator  (though I
> didn't meet him for some years)
> He got an award for his work on Discworld cycle.
>
> But we are slightly drifting o-t ;-)

Well a bit o-t, but on the other hand we can argue that these novels are
inspirational for ray-tracing :-) so some discussion is needed.
Which reminds me of the Mythago Wood books by Robert Holdstock
http://www.robertholdstock.com/, which are very famous (I've heard) in
France. There is too a lot of inspiration for ray-tracing. I have not yet
have had the time to work something out, but it is in the back of my mind.

Thomas