POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : RFC: Wishlist/features : Re: Wishlist/features Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:04:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wishlist/features
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 16 Aug 2006 08:12:35
Message: <44e30bb3$1@news.povray.org>
"Lutz Kretzschmar" <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote in message
> Hi Steve Shelby, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
>> 1. More node points on the rotational sweep.
> More than? There isn't currently a limit, is there?

Oops, now I'm really embarrassed.

>> 2. The ability to quantify the movement (translate, scale, rotate) of
>> points
>> or faces in mesh editing.
> Quantify, as in enter an exact number?

Yes, maybe something like on the modify tab.

>> 3. The ability to change the center of rotation on a mesh in the mesh
>> editor.
> You could select all points and move them so that it's correctly
> centered :-)

That's true, but now that I think of it, what's needed is "local
coordinates" for the mesh itself.

>> 4. A solution to this problem: when a large enough number of objects is
>> put
>> into a scene, Moray slows down to a crawl.
> Do any of you have any scenes that are that large for me to
> play/experiment with?

When this has happened to me, I gave up and found a different way to do it.
The last time was when using B-spline with spheres and cylinders. Here's a
quick way I just tried that will show you what I mean: make a sphere with 24
divisions; use "Convert to Wireframe" on it; in the duplicate dialogue
create 9 copies of the wireframe group, with references. This slows mine
down so much that I would not want to proceed any further.

>> 5. Resolve compatibility problems with certain video card drivers, for
>> instance I cannot update my ATI drivers and still use Moray 3.5. Another
>> thing I'm not sure is related, every once in a while, when I start Moray,
>> just before it opens, I get the blue screen of death, and the machine
>> reboots and goes into checkdisk.
> Boy, that one's tough. I don't really do any advanced OpenGL stuff,
> only very basic OpenGL, so I wonder why your system has this problem.

Me too.

Thank you,
Steve