POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Importing templates not working on 3.6 : Re: Importing templates not working on 3.6 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:36:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Importing templates not working on 3.6
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 8 Aug 2006 02:42:08
Message: <44d83240@news.povray.org>
Apollo 16 wrote:
> I did a search and found reference to this for beta versions of 3.5 and
> older versions of OS X. I am using 3.6 build 0197 and 10.3.9. The import
> menu brings up the browse window but all the templates are grayed out no
> matter what the pulldown choice is (i.e. pov docs, all docs etc.).

If you select "All Documents" this cannot be the case as it is a
system-supplied setting allowing you to select any kind of file. Most likely
you are looking at files you do not have the permission to read, or
something else that are not actually files (i.e. folder, clipboard pieces,
aliases, etc)

> Windows
> templates aren't grayed out but only the folder shows up in the templates
> window and it is empty.

Most likely you are not actually importing a Windows template folder then,
but just some other arbitrary folder and POV-Ray tries its best to make
sense of that selection. If you didn't get a folder in the proper format
from a Windows system and know it worked there as a whole, it most likely
wasn't a Windows template folder. Also note that you really need to select
the Windows template folder, not some sub-folder inside it.

> If I quit POV-Ray, then even the empty folder disappears.

If the folder containing POV-Ray is locked, you cannot change your
templates. Further, template folders that contain no items may be deleted.
As such, either of the two conditions may be your problem.

	Thorsten