POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : New to Mac Version, please help :) : Re: New to Mac Version, please help :) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:52:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New to Mac Version, please help :)
From: Günther Dietrich
Date: 7 Jan 2006 17:34:37
Message: <43c041fd$1@news.povray.org>

>> I'm not sure. Do you really mean "command line"?
>> Come on, when I have to enter command line arguments in a GUI
>> application, I don't need this GUI application. Then it is simpler to
>> save the disk space and use the command line application.
>
>Well, you are the one insisting on using INI - text - files for
>configuration ... so you enter 10+ arguments in a file, one more won't be
>any more work at all.

No!

With the older GUI version (I think, it was 3.0 or 3.1) I had no need to
fiddle with the parameters in the INI file. POV-Ray did it for me.

But why first the denial? (see <news:43ba73be@news.povray.org>)

|>But why did they take the ini file support out of the GUI app? Yes, in
|>older versions the ini files were considered and even written by the
|>GUI app.
|
|It has not been taken out at all!

>If you don't like it that way, well, sorry can't help with that ;-)

A clear statement could have avoided missunderstandings and annoyances.

Now I know, that the real meaning of your declaration was: 'We have
taken out the GUI support of INI files. Sorry, but it was difficult to
handle and only few people needed it. But we have a simple replacement:
Set "options.ini +GIoptions.ini" into the command line field of the
scene file's options dialog.'

Probably, I can live with such a solution. But it's really not Mac-like!

Best regards,