POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : New to Mac Version, please help :) : Re: New to Mac Version, please help :) Server Time
18 Apr 2024 14:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New to Mac Version, please help :)
From: Günther Dietrich
Date: 7 Jan 2006 12:48:38
Message: <43bffef6$1@news.povray.org>

>> I searched in the preferences dialogs of 3.6.1 very thoroughly and
>> didn't find anything related to INI files.
>> Would you please tell me, where to find the checkbox that tells the Mac
>> version that it should write INI files? I must have it overlooked.
>
>Please carefully read what I wrote:
>

>It has not been taken out at all! To the contrary, you have access to "the
>command-line" directly via the Render Settings dialog. As such, all commands
>to read and write INI files are at our disposal.
><<<

I'm not sure. Do you really mean "command line"?
Come on, when I have to enter command line arguments in a GUI
application, I don't need this GUI application. Then it is simpler to
save the disk space and use the command line application.

By the way: In earlier versions of the Mac version, there _was_ direct
INI file support in the settings dialog. This direct support _has_ been
taken out.

Regards,