POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : 3.5.11.7 CELLS : Re: 3.5.11.7 CELLS Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.5.11.7 CELLS
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Oct 2005 11:55:48
Message: <43566c84$1@news.povray.org>
Kenneth wrote:
> oooohhhh, I see. I'm completely off base. Though bear with me:  "Each cube
> gets a random value from 0 to 1."  A value for...what?

A pattern is a function that maps 3D coordinates to a value in the range
0..1, right? And scale affects how the x, y, z domain is interpreted,
with frequency affecting how the output is determined. And then the
value can be used for a variety of purposes, including indexing into a
color map.  Is that an accurate summary?

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
    Neither rocks nor slush nor salted rims