POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : sketchup to moray - please help me : Re: sketchup to moray - please help me Server Time
24 Apr 2024 16:04:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sketchup to moray - please help me
From: StephenS
Date: 19 Aug 2005 06:20:14
Message: <4305b25e@news.povray.org>
> hi thanks for replying...
> well, i can see the geometry with no problems at all now, but what about
the
> materials?
> i want to be able to edit them?
> no matter what i did, there is no way to import the materials into moray?
>  thanks again.
Materials in Moray are stored in the .mdl file or optionaly in a Material
Libraury .mtx. I'm not aware of any program that can create these, other
than Moray.
One option you can use is to create a  DirectCode material in Moray and
copy/paste the POV-Ray code into this.
When Poseray exports for Moray you should get up to 3 files; myfile.udo,
myfile.inc, myfile_mat.inc. Look in the myfile_mat.inc.

Stephen