POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Another difference and perhaps crash (abyss.pov) : Another difference and perhaps crash (abyss.pov) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:47:27 EDT (-0400)
  Another difference and perhaps crash (abyss.pov)
From: Warp
Date: 22 Apr 2005 02:15:33
Message: <42689685@news.povray.org>
I noticed yesterday that if you render scenes\advanced\abyss.pov
there's a very notable difference in the background brightness. This
can't be explained by gamma since the other objects in the scene
are basically ok. The scene (when rendered with 3.6) has a rather
bright cyan background, but when rendered with 3.7 the background
is almost (or totally) black.
  Could this perhaps be related to media?

  I tried investigating it more today but for some odd reason I can't
render it anymore with 3.7beta2: It keeps crashing every time I try.
(Other scenes render ok.)
  Anyone having this same problem?

--
                                                          - Warp