POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : General issues : Re: General issues Server Time
17 Apr 2024 22:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: General issues
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 23 Mar 2005 20:53:14
Message: <42421d8a$1@news.povray.org>
K.E. Ayers Designs wrote:
> The latest is getting the Mac version to render animation files to a
> directory other than the default. The "+O./images/" command line option
> just doesn't work "as advertised" ... under the Unix/Linux command line
> interface, that works as expected.

Well, it is hardly surprising that the Mac version does not accept Linux or
Windows style paths, is it?  You should really read the documentation or
just pay a tiny bit attention how POV-Ray displays *all* paths.  You need to
use colons, not slashes of some kind.

> I've been using POV-Ray since version 1.1 and I've never been fond of the
> "IDE" approaches (e.g. starting with the 3.1 Windows version). I'm quite
> disappointed that the development team hasn't unbundled the rendering
> engine and wrapped it in a command line shell.

You are free to download the Unix source code and compile it on Mac OS X.

	Thorsten