POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Very BIG problem : Re: Very BIG problem Server Time
25 Apr 2024 09:07:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very BIG problem
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 11 Mar 2005 09:26:17
Message: <4231aa89$1@news.povray.org>
"selsek" <sel### [at] despammedcom> wrote in message
> I know, but it's a laptop (2'1/2 drive). And i only have 3'1/2 drives on
> standard computers.
> If i open it, and extract the HD, the warranty may be broken. If i send it
> to the dealer, they might change everything...

Most laptops have user removable hard drives; Dell's even now ship
replacement drives under warranty direct to our consultants who swap out the
drive themselves.

I've purchased 2 1/2" to regular desktop IDE adapters that work like a champ
to hook up laptop drives to desktop PC's.  You'd just remove the hard drive,
plug in the adapter, and plug into a desktop spare IDE connector.

Dell replaceable hard drives used to come with a PCMCIA card that had a
laptop sized hard drive adapter cable so you could hook up your hard drive
to another laptop.

There's always options.

       == John ==