POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Copyright image : Re: Copyright image Server Time
24 Apr 2024 02:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright image
From: Slime
Date: 21 Jan 2005 12:33:21
Message: <41f13ce1$1@news.povray.org>
> > Another question: since I'm supplying a PNG copyright to be overlaid on
top
> > of my image, I assume someone will be recompressing it.
>
> Why?  PNG uses a lossless compression scheme

Let me clarify; there are two images I'm talking about: the POV-Ray image
(jpeg) and the PNG signature. I was asking about the compression of my jpeg
image, since later on I know the PNG image will be overlaid on top of it and
then it will be resaved as another jpeg.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]