POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : wrapping it up (again) : Re: wrapping it up (again) Server Time
20 Apr 2024 01:10:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wrapping it up (again)
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 10 Jan 2005 03:15:55
Message: <41e239bb$1@news.povray.org>

news:41e1ce6a@news.povray.org...
> Currently doing what I hope will be my final, final render.  :-)  As
> suspected, I seem to have made the scene render more slowly than it did in
> October.  I hope I've enhanced it in the process.
>
> I've heard a couple people mention that they had dropped out of the
> competition, but I hope we will have more participants in the extended
> competition.  If not, well perhaps I've got a chance.  ;-)
>
> Good luck to everyone!
>
> --

Hi
I joined The Comp since deadline was extended.
My final render is currently tracing ...about 10 days to run (6 hours for
the upper 80% of the image!!)
Well... luck has few to do here, just hope no more hardware failure.
My CPU/motherboard/RAM fried once during my WIP so no more, please, Gods of
raytracing.
(Any advice if sacrificing a primitive -and which one- could be helpfull?)
Knowing some who are competiting I expect a postcard size Zazzle poster. (I
guess the dual opteron will come with a spanish keyboard :p)

Regards

Marc