POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.binaries : New Domenator plugin : Re: New Domenator plugin Server Time
16 Apr 2024 03:16:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Domenator plugin
From: Philippe Gibone
Date: 15 Sep 2004 11:20:34
Message: <41485dc2$1@news.povray.org>
> 1) I want to make the 'sides' of the panes of the dome have a 'thickness'
so
> that I can use them to make domed cities.  The wires/spheres work very
well
> for this, but there is no setting for the mesh that makes up the body of
the
> dome itself to have a thickness.
Hi John,

I'm afraid there is no way to give a thickness to a mesh ;-((.
The functions I use are parametric (and very complicated ones), no way to
spin them into an implicit function that can be used in a "thick"
isosurface.
There is a possibility to build the dome with elementary prisms, but, i'm
afraid it's the hell of a job...

If anybody can think of something else....

Philippe Gibone