POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Backgrounds. : Backgrounds. Server Time
18 Apr 2024 11:03:09 EDT (-0400)
  Backgrounds.
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 8 Sep 2004 22:56:37
Message: <413fc665$1@news.povray.org>
In my last anim, I had "no background" -- just white fog-- and got technical
mention (well, fourth from last).  There was another entry with an
exhaustively photorealistic background-- bricks-- and an "obvious CSG"
character moving about in front of it.  Not that there's anything wrong with
that.  The former style exhibits my skill set and the latter style is one
that's just plain not for me.

It's funny for my next project, I've got a really slick set for a scene or
two, but for the storytelling,  there are a few scenes where the
**presence** of a character on the screen and an on-screen caption actually
are all I need.  I had been fretting of how to conjure up an exhaustively
photorealistic backdrop, but I think I'm gonna go with background {rgb z}.