POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : povray with Silo3d under MacOS 10.3 : Re: povray with Silo3d under MacOS 10.3 Server Time
18 Apr 2024 07:52:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray with Silo3d under MacOS 10.3
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 29 Aug 2004 04:13:09
Message: <41319015@news.povray.org>
In article <web.412973b8b5b22de7b323cff10@news.povray.org> , ""
<nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Is anyone using "Silo3d" with Povray on the Mac?
>
> I am having trouble getting Silo to render an image when calling the render
> from Silo3d.
>
> Any suggestions?

This is not surprising at all as Silo3d expects a command-line version of
POV-Ray.  They do not support the GUI version - I guess because the program
was originally developed on Linux or Windows.  You will need to get the Unix
sources from povray.org and compile POV-Ray yourself.  Make sure that the
Apple developer tools (came on CD with your Mac OS X) are installed as well
before you do it, of course.  Then follow the instructions given with the
POV-Ray sources.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg