POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV 1.1 beta : Re: MegaPOV 1.1 beta Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:13:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV 1.1 beta
From: Mael
Date: 18 Aug 2004 09:41:52
Message: <41235ca0@news.povray.org>
> Well - that one is difficult.  When i had a look at it i found it quite
> badly designed (or at least unusual).  The syntax was not easy to use
> and misleading - specifying functions instead of floats without a
> wrapping function{} is not a good idea (*).   Also i think Mael
> considered it incomplete - he wanted to add support for anisotropic
> finishes IIRC.

Actually I've never considered any of my patches complete or well
integrated. I've just done them for fun, to have a look at povray source
code and because some french povray users thought they could help. I have to
agree that my finish stuff is probably the ugliest hack of all, but still
think this is something important missing in povray

I did some tests with anisotropic finish (independant of finish maps AFAIR),
but it was requiring important changes and I was not willing to spend too
much time on this

Anyway I've stopped (bad) hacking on pov and returned on rendering
reflective spheres on checkered floors :)