POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : [announce] JITC: Really fast POVRay FPU : Re: [announce] JITC: Really fast POVRay FPU Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:35:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [announce] JITC: Really fast POVRay FPU
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 4 Aug 2004 05:59:25
Message: <4110b37c@news.povray.org>
ABX wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 11:28:22 +0200, Wolfgang Wieser
> <wwi### [at] nospamgmxde> wrote:
>> Christoph Hormann wrote:
>> > I think the work probably would have been better invested in
>> > implementing an internal JIT compiler using the existing hooks as
>> > Thorsten explained.  This would work on all x86 systems (and for Mac an
>> > implementation already exists).
>>
>> Sounded interesting. I'll have a look at that.
>> Why didn't anybody put that on a publically available todo list? ;)
>
> I have considered this task for the future versions of MegaPOV thought I
> would be veeeeery happy if you could be faster :-)

IMO, in the present stage, this patch is not suitable for inclusion into
MegaPOV. Need to get rid of some unclean "hacks" first.

Or, maybe better, use the existing SYS_ macros if I manage to figure out
how to use them.

BTW, will the features from MLPov be included in the next MegaPOV version?

Wolfgang