POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Tree 1.5 : Re: POV-Tree 1.5 Server Time
18 Apr 2024 09:02:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Tree 1.5
From: Gena
Date: 6 May 2004 23:49:44
Message: <409b0758$1@news.povray.org>
> it's a great tool - like every time.

Thank you!

But i have a little question to
> the community : how can i create flowers with POV-Tree ?
>
> ... I can here the answer: you need another tool ! ...

You are reading my mind :) Just today I was thinking how
to improve Blossom support in POV-Tree. Right now the choice
is limited by the predefined set of blossom types. As with
leaves the most natural looking blossoms are height_field
ones. You can find out the declaration of such blossom/flower
in TOMLEAF.inc file from TOMTREE package. Also you can check
out my tutorial about making height field leaves:

http://home.covad.net/~gobukhov/tutorial.html

it's also valid for height field flowers.

Mesh blossom is not so realistic in closup scenes.

I'm planning to improve Blossom support in the future.
It will use the same approach as UV mapped leaves (see
the same tutorial). The flower will be just composed
from several UV mapped leaves/petals. Also such values
as number of petals, angle etc. will be adjustable.

When it will be implemented you will be able to save
such flower as include file and then just reuse the
mesh flower declared in that file in your scene as you
can do right now with UV mapped leaves.

Gena.