POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : using copyrighted music : Re: using copyrighted music Server Time
18 Apr 2024 14:04:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: using copyrighted music
From: =Bob=
Date: 28 Apr 2004 11:31:52
Message: <408fce68@news.povray.org>
IMP's "The End Of" used a soundtrack that I composed. There
was no special mention of permission. Just credits. But I would
suppose the "used with permission" would be nice to prevent
any future hassles. I'm not speaking for IRTC, just already been
through the experience and it seemed pretty lax.
=Bob=

"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message news:408dfa3b$1@news.povray.org...
: I've got some music from some friends of mine who are semi-professional
: musicians. I just wanted to check what do I need to provide with my IRTC entry
: to prove I have the copyright holder's permission? Is it enough for me to simply
: state that I have their permission and be prepared to back that up with some
: kind of evidence if asked?
:
: I figure I'll mention the track name and album, their website, as well as a nice
: "used with the kind permission of..." section. If I understand the rules
: correctly that should be more than enough.
:
: --
: Tek
: www.evilsuperbrain.com