POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Stuck for ideas : Re: Stuck for ideas Server Time
25 Apr 2024 12:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stuck for ideas
From: Tek
Date: 7 Feb 2004 15:54:54
Message: <4025509e$1@news.povray.org>
"Tom Galvin" <tom### [at] imporg> wrote in message
> > Most notably 2001: A Space Odyssey.
>
> I consider that movie as the dividing line.   Before then SciFi was found
> in mostly B movies and after it was in some of the best films, and
> blockbusters with monster budgets.

I totally agree it's a dividing line, where mainstream sci-fi films became
commonplace, but are you suggesting it's not on topic for this round?

i.e. does "classic sci-fi" necessarily mean Ed Wood or are we allowed to do
something, dare I say it, *Good*? :)

Bear in mind I was born in the mid-seventies so I really don't have a lot of
affection for badly made sci-fi. In fact about the only thing like that which I
genuinely enjoy is Barbarella. Which I am considering doing for this round,
since it is bang on topic, but I'd rather do something that doesn't rely on
character animation.