POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Stuck for ideas : Stuck for ideas Server Time
24 Apr 2024 02:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Stuck for ideas
From: Tek
Date: 7 Feb 2004 07:03:36
Message: <4024d418$1@news.povray.org>
Well sort of...

I'm kind of having the opposite problem to Duncan. I don't want to copy
anything! I'm heavily influenced by a lot of sci-fi (much of which is probably
considered classic), but what I want to do is take inspiration from that and
create something original.

But this poses a major problem: If I create an original idea, will it be off
topic?
How exactly do we define something as being on topic for this round?

e.g. would you count the film "Galaxy Quest" as classic sci-fi? I think not!

Anyway, feedback would be much appreciated. If anyone has a suggestion on how I
can make an animation that's on topic without comprimising my creativity, please
tell me!

Thanks
--
Tek