POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.binaries : McIntosh in the kitchen : Re: McIntosh in the kitchen Server Time
16 Apr 2024 11:38:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: McIntosh in the kitchen
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 31 Jan 2004 05:43:40
Message: <401b86dc$1@news.povray.org>

4018ba6b$1@news.povray.org...
> Does it make coffee too??  ;-))
> With a little adaptation, it could! It looks like it could!!
LOL :-)
> But, seriously, great work and very well done. The lighting is also
> excellent (HDRI looks interesting...)
Thanks Thomas

For HDRI, you need mlPOV, a patched version of POV which (among other
interesting features) offers HDRI support
http://pov.monde.free.fr/mael/mlpov083eng.html
HDR are High Dynamic Range images where each RGB channel is coded on 24 bits
rather than 8. Well suited for illuminating environnement
you can foud some of them here
http://athens.ict.usc.edu/Probes/
then you put an environement  sphere around your scene with this kind of
material in direct code

#version unofficial mlpov 0.8; // very important to open mlpov features
texture
      {
        pigment
         {
            image_map{hdr "kitchen_probe.hdr" map_type 7 interpolate 2}
            rotate x*90
          }
        finish
         {
            ambient 1
            diffuse 0.0
         }
}

Don't forget to enable radiosity ( I used POV preset)

Enjoy

Marc