POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : POV-RAY (SMPOV) Performance Test with Opteron, Xeon and AthlonMP : Re: POV-RAY (SMPOV) Performance Test with Opteron, Xeon and Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-RAY (SMPOV) Performance Test with Opteron, Xeon and
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 24 Dec 2003 05:20:23
Message: <3fe96867$1@news.povray.org>
In article <web.3fdb1be0450b9bc3548e3d130@news.povray.org> , "Pit"
<nomail@nomail> wrote:

> We got information that the optics scene is accepted by the povray
> community. By the way we used the povray standard settings (1600x1200).

Whatever you source of information is, it is plain wrong.  Almost any other
demo scene that comes with POV-Ray is more suitable than optics.pov.  And it
really is not hard to find out which is an accepted benchmark scene if you
check povray.org webside (download page) or just search for
<http://www.google.com/search?q=povray+benchmark>
(btw, ignore the second entry, it is ancient junk, and it suggests Google's
ranking system is breaking more and more as they try to eliminate commercial
misuse of their ranking).

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg