POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.binaries : How about some brown bread? : Re: How about some brown bread? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 12:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How about some brown bread?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Nov 2003 09:10:40
Message: <3fb78560@news.povray.org>
Concerning heightfields, you should not use intersection or differences
indeed. Best thing to do is to make the space outside the bread slice black
(height 0) and set the waterlevel at, say 0.1. That way, you only get the
slice rendered and the ouside part is ignored. Nice and effective! The
difficulty would be to position the heightfield perfectly with the bread of
course. For the slice it is less of a problem.

Thomas