POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Competition voting : Re: Competition voting Server Time
17 Apr 2024 22:05:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition voting
From: Tek
Date: 24 May 2003 05:49:31
Message: <3ecf402b$1@news.povray.org>
I have to say I completely disagree with you. For example the entry in second
place shows a journey both literally and metaphorically. Besides which concept
is only 1/3rd of the judging criteria, technical merit seems to have been judged
fairly IMHO, and artistic merit is highly subjective so inevitably you may
disagree with the marks in that area.

I felt that electrical one was a very clever idea for an animation, executed
fairly well but with a few technical flaws. It's a good interpretation of the
topic because it's very different to what I usually would think of as a journey.

And finally, I'm fairly sure the phrase "something more than just traveling"
comes from the IRTC's suggested meaning of the topic. As I understand the rules
there's no need to stick to that, so long as it still fits the title of the
topic. Obviously an animation that shows no interpretation of the topic would
get a lower concept mark, but I think all of the winning entries portray
something other than a simple everyday passage from A to B.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com