POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Competition voting : Re: Competition voting Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:33:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Competition voting
From: Tek
Date: 17 May 2003 13:19:59
Message: <3ec66f3f@news.povray.org>
"simian" <sim### [at] localhostlocaldomain> wrote in message
> Is there a reason why the voting is not in the same manner as in the
> stills?

I'm not sure what you mean, the voting system is exactly the same as the stills.

> An "If you do not vote you lose" could be added.

I think that would be grossly unfair, particularly if there's a lot of entries
to the competition. I was up til 6am last night trying to complete my votes for
the last stills round, because I'd been too busy to vote until until then! I can
completely understand if people can't find the time to vote.

> Why the unidentified voters in the open competition?

The same reason most votes are anonymous: you shouldn't feel pressured to vote a
certain way by the fact that people will see how you voted, so anonymous votes
get a more honest opinion.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com