POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Concept: What do you think? : Re: Concept: What do you think? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 00:29:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Concept: What do you think?
From: Tek
Date: 24 Apr 2003 17:43:29
Message: <3ea85a81$1@news.povray.org>
> The camera is very simple, it's just rotating around a point. Basically the
> same for the peices, simple linear motion. I hadn't planned to post it, as
> it was really just a simple 'proof of concept', but I thought it came out
> nice ;)

I'm very impressed, my proof of concept animations normally look terrible!

> Didn't because of the size. Why would anti-aliasing help the file size?

Video compressors work better on smoother more natural images. It takes them
more room to describe a jagged edge than a smooth one. Obviously the fact that
it's such a long animation will still cause problems, but smoother images should
save a bit of space.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com