POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Concept: What do you think? : Re: Concept: What do you think? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 07:45:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Concept: What do you think?
From: Tyler Eaves
Date: 24 Apr 2003 17:03:36
Message: <3ea85127@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:

> That's a cool animation. I'm not sure building a lego model counts as
> evolution, perhaps if you had the model change during the animation in
> response to things happening around it (e.g. it goes underwater and
> re-builds itself as a submarine!).

Theres an idea, all that lego building could get kinda tedious though! I'll
probably end up building a house or something.

> As far as the animation itself goes, it's impressive for such early work.
> I'll try to make some suggestions though I'm sure it will change a lot as
> you develop it: The movement of the bricks seems a little wierd because
> they change velocity instantly, it would look better if they gradually
> decelerated rather than just coming to a sudden stop. The movement of the
> camera is very nice though it seems to focus on a small detail of the
> finished plane when I'd expect it to pull back and show the whole thing.

The camera is very simple, it's just rotating around a point. Basically the
same for the peices, simple linear motion. I hadn't planned to post it, as
it was really just a simple 'proof of concept', but I thought it came out
nice ;)

> BTW, if you made it with povray I suggest posting work in progress version
> to povray.binaries.animations, as people there will be more inclined to
> download movies. Oh, and you might want to turn on anti-aliasing because
> that should help reduce the file size (7MB seems a bit much for this!).

Didn't because of the size. Why would anti-aliasing help the file size?