POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Concept: What do you think? : Re: Concept: What do you think? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 06:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Concept: What do you think?
From: Tek
Date: 24 Apr 2003 14:13:51
Message: <3ea8295f$1@news.povray.org>
That's a cool animation. I'm not sure building a lego model counts as evolution,
perhaps if you had the model change during the animation in response to things
happening around it (e.g. it goes underwater and re-builds itself as a
submarine!).

As far as the animation itself goes, it's impressive for such early work. I'll
try to make some suggestions though I'm sure it will change a lot as you develop
it: The movement of the bricks seems a little wierd because they change velocity
instantly, it would look better if they gradually decelerated rather than just
coming to a sudden stop. The movement of the camera is very nice though it seems
to focus on a small detail of the finished plane when I'd expect it to pull back
and show the whole thing.

BTW, if you made it with povray I suggest posting work in progress version to
povray.binaries.animations, as people there will be more inclined to download
movies. Oh, and you might want to turn on anti-aliasing because that should help
reduce the file size (7MB seems a bit much for this!).

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com