POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Zazzle site is open : Re: Zazzle site is open Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:09:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zazzle site is open
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 10 Mar 2003 04:50:40
Message: <3e6c5ff0@news.povray.org>

web.3e6bcf47c070d06c1d4add5a0@news.povray.org...
> I noticed zazzle was new yesterday and the first thing I did was rate "The
> wet bird" a 10. I intend to order a large print but I wonder about the
> resolution of Zazzle prints. 100dpi is a little low.

Thanks ! How's the Venice pic doing, btw ?

About the resolution, I know that it's low, but from what I've seen it's OK
as posters are meant to be watched from a certain distance. Note that the
Wet bird was enlarged x 1.5 so it's more fuzzy that it should be, not that
it's abnormal for a image featuring rain. I'd like to render it bigger than
2400*3200 but it was done with Megapov and the fast focal blur feature
freaks out on large image sizes. The image maps are too low-def anyway, so
to create a very high definition version of this image I will have to do
some additional 2d work and find a way to recreate the focal blur that looks
good and doesn't take ages (even in post-process and lots of RAM it's not
easy to do with 90Mb files).

> Also, I notice the wet bird image is shown with a white border (and some
> text). Is this area counted in the image print size? I'm not big on text
so
> I'd probably order a print on canvas and crop out the white border with a
> frame.
The margin is included. One reason I didn't put text on the picture but left
it on the margin was exactly that, to let people crop out the border if they
didn't like it. In any case, with more freedom in uploading/deleting images,
I may end up uploaing up different versions in the future.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com