POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Zazzle site is open : Zazzle site is open Server Time
25 Apr 2024 11:31:46 EDT (-0400)
  Zazzle site is open
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 9 Mar 2003 17:35:56
Message: <3e6bc1cc@news.povray.org>
Slightly off-topic but since lots of Povers have images there (approx 250) I
guess that it's of general interest.
The zazzle site http://www.zazzle.com is now out of beta phase after several
years of beta activities.
Here are some of the new features I'm aware of, particularly :
- "colossal" size for posters (roughly 2 * 1 m) (they sent me a "colossal"
poster some time ago and it's really impressive)
- t-shirts
- postcards
- contributors can now delete items from their gallery
- address book for those who want to use the service to send products to
different people
- new numbering scheme for items. The old one is still functional through
redirection (i.e. it's not mandatory to rename links to your own zazzle
material)
- the misleading "best-seller" list (which was actually a "most-viewed"
list) is gone, replaced by the ability to sort images according to user
ranking (of little use until enough people rank images of course).
There have been no official announcement from zazzle (and no pretty home
page), so I guess they're still smoothing out some residual bugs (I wanted
to post this this morning but the site went down for a few hours).

http://www.oyonale.com
- Graphic experiments
- POV-Ray and Poser computer images
- Posters