POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : surface deformations : Re: surface deformations Server Time
17 Apr 2024 21:34:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: surface deformations
From: Soulstorm
Date: 22 Feb 2002 01:48:29
Message: <3c75e9bd$1@news.povray.org>
I don't think it's the same problem as with bending...

The normals are created with mathematical formulae, same with the
primitives - I am sure with the right combination of these two it would be
quite possible to do true surface deforms. The problem with bending is that
the mathematics behind bending a mathematical abstract is supposedly very
complex.

Well - I am not a maths guru, so if I am wrong, it won't surprize me too
much - it would be nice to know though...

-ss-