POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : AL walking, stopping and turning : AL walking, stopping and turning Server Time
16 Apr 2024 17:03:06 EDT (-0400)
  AL walking, stopping and turning
From: Rune
Date: 29 Dec 2001 13:50:16
Message: <3c2e1068@news.povray.org>
Well, here's another WIP.

It sounds silly, but it's actually a problem to add support for the
character to stop and stand still, as the core of my walking system assumes
non-stop momentum from step to step.

The solution I've used here is to actually keep making new steps even when
the character stands still, but it doesn't work very well. :(

The walk cycle also needs more work, and I need to find out how to prevent
that jittering when the character stops.

So - there's plenty of work to do...

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)

Attachments: