POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Ever worry about it all crashing down? : Re: Ever worry about it all crashing down? Server Time
26 Sep 2024 23:37:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ever worry about it all crashing down?
Date: 19 Nov 2001 17:27:13
Message: <3bfa807e.59712663@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:06:32 -0000, "Mick Hazelgrove"
<mic### [at] mhazelgrovefsnetcouk> wrote:
>> very large models. So I bought 512 Mb of RAM to be able to complete it
>> (remember that Norbert Kern bought a new computer to finish his IRTC
>winner
>> "Insects" picture).
>
>I fear I'm reaching that point with my current picture Radiosity+media
>+complexCSG+100'sMB of image_maps...
>so I bought a new computer!!!

So what did you buy?? And when are you switching to 64-bit addressing
to break the 2 GB limit ?? Hmm, I wonder how POV-Ray compiles to
64-bit, I may be able to get access to our new hot development box on
the unix side (Compaq Tru64 with 6 GB). I better try my hands on a
unix-like compile on my barely scratched Mandrake setup first.

/Erkki