POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3.5 Blurred Reflection : Re: 3.5 Blurred Reflection Server Time
27 Sep 2024 13:22:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.5 Blurred Reflection
From: Trevor Quayle
Date: 16 Oct 2001 19:32:37
Message: <3bccc395@news.povray.org>
AA Setting were as follows:   Threshold 0.01, Method 2, Recursion 4
I have been trying to play with it but it is very hard to get rid of
artifacts even with really high AA settings.  This one used the bumps
normal, fresnel reflection and metallic reflection.  One of the problems
that can be slightly noticed is that at shallow angles, the blurred
reflection breaks down (i.e., becomes clearer, less blurred. I don't think
this reflects reality), I think this is beacause of the nature of normals.
I have been experimenting all around with super-realism, trying to use
reflection instead of specular highlighting and not using ambient lighting
(except as light sources) among other things.
Lots more work to do though.

-tgq