POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.dos : for that one other person... : Re: for that one other person... Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:46:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: for that one other person...
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 6 Apr 2001 10:19:22
Message: <3acdd06a@news.povray.org>
> Well, I for one am glad someone else still uses DOS. I still us the dos
> versions of POVRAY and Moray simply because I don't want to have to put
> up with Megacrashes junkware. I am in the process of migrating to Linux,
> and now have a Linux box, but still have a ways to go before I am ready
> to complete the transision. So, until then I will continue to use DOS
> and DOS programs, and in fact intend to keep my old DOS 486 around for
> some time to come.

Just to let you know, I have been running win 2k for some months now, and in
that time I have had no fatal crashes, a couple of apps have gone belly up
from time to time but that has to be expected. machine is running 24/7 month
in month out, and only ever gets rebooted when something I install requests
it.

when you move to Linux, look at vmware (if you have the pc for it), and run
a win 98 box on a virtual machine so you can use the windows version of
moray, which is well worth it (I started using it back in the dos days so I
know!)

spatch, moray (and now rhino) are my main reasons for sticking with windows
as my OS

as to making the move - just jump!, and figure the rest out when you land

--
Rick

Kitty5 WebDesign - http://Kitty5.com
Hi-Impact database driven web site design & e-commerce
TEL : +44 (01625) 266358 - FAX : +44 (01625) 611913 - ICQ : 15776037
POV-Ray News & Resources - http://Povray.co.uk

PGP Public Key