POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rubik Menger : Re: Rubik Menger Server Time
23 Apr 2024 04:02:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rubik Menger
From: JC (Exether)
Date: 13 Jun 2003 08:06:24
Message: <3EE9BE3F.5090908@spam.fr>
For geometric reasons, it is not possible to build a Rubik's cube of
more than 6x6 squares, because you always need the corners to touch the
underneath face when turning a face. Even more, 6x6 is the limit but it
is very hard to build, and the biggest I saw (and solved :-) was 5x5.

But nothing prevents you from inventing some magnetic attaches for the
cubes so that they can rely on nothing physical.  ;-)

JC