POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : A common povray source tree ? : Re: A common povray source tree ? Server Time
27 Sep 2024 03:33:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A common povray source tree ?
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 14 Feb 2003 08:00:18
Message: <3E4CE861.8070700@free.fr>
Okay,

	As Christoph suggested, I will not try to develop this topic
any further. The fact is that I actually don't have strong argumentation
to support the idea of a common source distro for every architectures.
This thread was not meant to convince anybody, but to talk about something
I don't think was discussed before (or maybe long ago, though I didn't
check the whole newgroup before posting).
	If some eventually believe that this discussion is just a waste
of time considering what could be done to improve the software itself,
or a waste of bandwidth in general, it's their opinion and I'll respect
it because I understand it. I guess my initial idea was that it could
be done differently, but I got somewhat convinced that it's probably
not worth for now. For my part I'll continue trying to improve the
unix-only distribution for easy compilation/installation as much as
time and knowledge allow to do.
	Let's talk again when the brand-new POV 4.0 project will be
on the board  :-)

	- NC