POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Copyright infringements? : Re: Copyright infringements? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 14:28:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright infringements?
From: John VanSickle
Date: 18 Jan 2003 03:12:40
Message: <3E290C7E.5A31CE76@hotmail.com>
Lance Birch wrote:

> I've just looked through the latest entries for the animation round
> (Speed) and noticed that there are several instances of copyright
> music being used without permission.
>
> What gives?  I take it this isn't allowed (it never used to be).

Two ways for the judges to deal with this:

1)  View animations with the sound turned off.  I already judge the
anims this way (since judges are supposed to ignore sound).

2) Turn the sound on, and if copyrights are violated, award a scare of
1-1-1 to every violating entry.  I already plan to do this if I see a
copyright violation in the visual media.

The administrators could reject the entries for being in violation of
the rules.

Regards,
John