POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Output File Format : Re: Output File Format Server Time
24 Apr 2024 08:50:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Output File Format
From: Renzo Del Fabbro
Date: 28 Jul 2001 18:30:50
Message: <3B633D02.A1F3999C@libero.it>
John Albarelli ha scritto:

> I know this is a newbie question, but I can't find it in the documentation,
> and my mind is not what it once was.  How do I get pov to change the format
> of the output file in Pov-ray v3.1 for Windows? Thanks.

When U render by POV U can save Your rendered image in different formats
TGA, BMP or PNG in a Directory U can chose.
Try to edit the Povray.ini file from:

"Tools"--> "Edit master POVRAY.INI"

U can add a raw like:

Output_File_Type=T
if U want a TGA ... or =S insted of T if U want a BMP or =N if You need a
PNG output image

and also the raw :
Output_File_Name=C:\images\

tells POVRay where to save the rendered image

at the end of the ini file there are also the output directory and the
library paths where pov try to search for the files "he" needs when it start
to render.
BTW: the ini file is read only when pov start!!!!

Renzo Del Fabbro
e-mail: ren### [at] liberoit
location: http://members.tripod.com/azzazzel/