POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : (Off topic) General modelling programs? : Re: (Off topic) General modelling programs? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:13:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (Off topic) General modelling programs?
From: Alan
Date: 13 Jul 2000 12:32:50
Message: <396def32$1@news.povray.org>
Blender recently switched from a 'C-Key' system - whereby features became
available in the free version some time after they appeared in the 'commercial'
version - to really free, as in absolutely.  The latest version is v1.8, but
the all-new v2 is due out soon (they drummed up interest as SIGGRAPH) and this
will feature all sorts of bits and doings.

I actually haven't used Blender much.  Without documentation easily to hand
(e.g. POV's excellent help file) it's slightly awkward to learn - for me
anyway.  But, as Ken has said in this thread, it *is* capable of producing some
excellent results.  As with anything, it just takes time.

Now, back to my robot...

Bye.