POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : sPatch & HammaPatch : Re: sPatch & HammaPatch Server Time
19 Apr 2024 02:09:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sPatch & HammaPatch
From: Peter Cracknell
Date: 12 Jul 2000 07:01:11
Message: <396c4ff7@news.povray.org>
I see what you mean and I think it would be good to *ask* for it - not that
I think the SPatch creator is about.  Would be what you mean where for
example you create a cylinder - two joint circles and then you want another
circle in the middle, making three joint circles - a cylinder that can be
twisted.

ie

------      <-circle
|      |       <-joining points
|      |
------      <- circle

------
|     |
-----
|     |
------

There are two ways I have experimented with to achieve this, though
obviously not as fast or easy as they could be.  THe first is simply to move
one of the points towards the middle and extrude downwards - this does not
work if you already have a large cylinder though.  The second you many not
be aware of is creating another circle, placing it in the middle and
attaching all the nodes the joining lines.  It does mean you have to
manually re create the piece in the centre and right click all the nodes in,
but it does work.  Maybe a good suggestion would be a function whereby the
number of extrusions can be multiplied by a factor, to complicate/more
populate the mesh without manually doing it.  Well I hope thats not too much
of a mess.

Peter Cracknell

www.petecracknell.co.uk